Text message are replacing phone calls and emails these days. The SMSs in your phones are one of the maximum used forms of communications with your family, friends and colleagues. This article will show you two ways to backup iphone SMS.
Method 1: The easist way for iPhone text messages backup without iTunes
1) Connect your iPhone to PC, lunch the program and connect iPhone to your computer with USB cable, and the “Back up Your Phone” button. You can freely backup your needed data to your computer, such as contacts, text messages, call logs, video, music, photos, app, etc. Select the “text messages” that you want to backup and click the “Start Copy ” button.
That’s all, just one step. With MobileTrasn, backup iPhone SMSs is so easy. You never need to worry about losing data on your Samsung phone.
Note ：If you want to transfer these data from your old phone to the new one, just go to the homepage and choose “Phone to Phone Transfer” mode and click “Start”. It can transfer Contacts, SMS, Call logs,Photos, Music, Videos, Apps, etc. between two phones with one simple click.
Method 2: The free way for iPhone text messages backup with iTunes
The following method can be used to backup the SMS and MMS from your iPhone device from PDF, XLS or HTML to Apple Mac Operating system or to a Windows PC for free.
Follow the below steps to do the iPhone SMS backup. Depending on the size of your file and the bandwidth, it may take a few minutes to complete the process.
1) First, make sure that you sync your iPhone with the iTunes software on your Mac or Windows computer.
If they are not in sync, perform the below steps:
1. Open the latest version of iTunes
2. Connect your iOS device to your computer with the included USB cable. In our case, connect your iPhone to the computer.
3. Open the iTunes Store and locate your device. To do so, click the Library button and then look for your device in the upper-right corner of the window.
4. In the Summary tab, select “Sync with this [device] over Wi-Fi” if you are operating using Wi-Fi connection.
5. When the computer and your iPhone are on the same network, the iPhone will be recognized iTunes. You can now sync it. The sync process will automatically happen under the following conditions:
a. The iOS device is charging.
b. iTunes is open on the computer.
c. The iOS device and the computer are on the same Wi-Fi network.
6. When your device is connected with iTunes via Wi-Fi, you can select the device and then configure sync and other options.
7. Click Apply or Sync to sync the iOS device.
It is important that you select “Back up to this computer” and unselect “Encrypt local backup” in the Backup options in iTunes.
2) Once the sync process is done, locate the file containing your SMS on your computer. To do so check the following paths:
– Windows: %APPDATA%\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\[some id]\
Windows XP or lower: %APPDATA% = C:\Documents and Settings\[your username]\Application Data\
Windows Vista/7/8: %APPDATA% = C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming
– Mac OS X: User>Library>Application Support>MobileSync>Backup>[some id]
3) Then select the file that you have located and choose the timezone that you are in using the drop-down list.
4) Then select the output format of your SMS messages. The options typically are MS-Excel, HTML or PDF. Please remember that MS-Excel format and iOS6 plus devices do not support export of MMS messages.
5) Once you have filled up all the required fields, submit the information provided by clicking on the “Submit” button. Then it will take a few minutes and the file will be downloaded on your computer.
It is always advisable to take a backup up your important SMS and contacts from time to time. It will help you when there is a crisis!